“Aluvadi” – Colocasia leaves Vadi – is a traditional Maharashtrian favorite preparation. This is normally best enjoyed when deep fried. Sometimes, when a roll of the aluvadi is left over, the CKP community prepares a variation, where the Aluvadi’s are cooked in Coconut milk, which gives them a very unique taste and is enjoyed as a great side dish.
- Aluvadi Roll – 1
- Thick Milk from 1 Coconut
- Garam Masala – Half tsp
- Coriander for garnishing
- Red Chilly powder – Half tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Make thin pieces from the Aluvadi roll.
- Add very little oil in the cooking pan and heat it.
- Once the oil heats, add the vadi pieces and saute them well for about a minute.
- Add rest of the ingredients now.
- Add Garam Masala.
- Add Red Chilly powder.
- Add Sugar.
- Add Salt according to taste.(The Aluvadi roll already has salt- hence add very less salt.)
- Saute and mix it for half a minute.
- Add the Coconut milk.
- Let it cook for about 2 mins on a low flame. Keep the lid on the pan.
- Remove the lid after 2 mins.
- Garnish with Coriander.
- Move to the serving bowl.
For detailed video recipe, click on the below link –