“Thuli” is a recipe made out of wheat. It is a traditional dish which is extremely nutritious and enjoyed by many Maharashtrian families.
- Wheat – 500 gms
- Milk from 1 Coconut
- Sugar – 2 bowls
- Pure Ghee – 2 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder – Half tsp
- Milk – Required only if you fall short of Coconut milk during preparation
- We are going to clean the Wheat in water.
- We are going to soak the Wheat for 3 days in water.
- Every day, the water has to be removed, the wheat cleaned and fresh water to be added.
- The final recipe preparation has to be begin on the Fourth Day.
- On the Fourth Day, remove the water and clean the Wheat thoroughly.
- Keep the Wheat in the sieve for some time to remove the excess water.
- The Wheat has to be now run through the Mixer with some water to prepare a thick paste.
- Add the paste on to a sieve to filter out the wheat juice.
- Now take the sludge that remains on the sieve in another pan.
- Add some water to it and mix well.
- Run the mixture again through the sieve.
- The Wheat juice is now ready for further preparation.
- Move the Wheat juice to the cooking pan.
- Add the Coconut milk and mix well.
- Switch on the Gas.
- Add Nutmeg and Cardamom powder.
- Keep continually stirring the mixture.
- You will observe that the mixture starts turning thicker.
- Add Sugar.
- Keep stirring till it develops into a thick paste like shown in the image.
- Add Pure ghee and mix well.
- Keep the lid on the pan and let is steam for about a minute.
- Serve hot with a dollop of pure ghee!
For detailed video recipe, click on the below link –