“Naralachya Dudhatle Mutton” or Mutton prepared using Coconut milk is a traditional Maharashtrian CKP(Kayastha) recipe. This is an enjoyable Mutton curry which tastes great and can be eaten by Chapati(Roti) or Rice.
- Mutton(Goat Meat) – 750 gms
- Coconut Milk extracted from 1 Coconut – which is taken in 2 different bowls – One containing Thick Coconut Milk which is extracted in the beginning and the second bowl containing Thin Coconut Milk, which is watery extracted at the end.
- Onions – Medium sized – 3 nos – cut and made into a fine paste
- Turmeric powder – Half tsp
- Red Chilly powder – 2 tsp
- CKP Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- Green Chillies-Coriander mixed paste – 1 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil – 2 tsp
- Coriander for garnishing
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Big sized Cardamom – 1
- Cloves – 3
- Piece of Cinnamon
- Clean the mutton well.
- Add Turmeric powder
- Add Red Chilly powder
- Add CKP Garam Masala
- Add Ginger paste
- Add Garlic paste
- Add Green Chillies-Coriander mixed paste
- Add Salt as per taste
- Add 2 tsp – Cooking Oil
- Mix and apply the masala well to the mutton
- Let the mutton marinate for 30 mins
- Heat the cooking pan and add 1 tablespoon Oil
- For the tempering, add the Bay Leaf, Cinnamon, Cloves and Cardamom.
- Wait for about 20 seconds for the tempering to be ready.
- Add the Onion paste
- Saute the Onion paste till it turns pinkish, which should take around a minute.
- Add the Mutton to the pan and saute it for about a minute.
- Add the Thin Coconut milk and mix well.
- Take 3 bowls of water to add to the mutton. We can also use the bowl which we have used for marinating the mutton, so that all the remaining masala can be used.
- Mix it well.
- Keep the lid on the cooking pan and add some water on the pan.
- Let it cook on a medium to low flame for approximately 30 mins.
- After 30 to 40 mins, remove the lid.
- Let us check if the mutton is cooked. For the same, you can take little bit of water in a small rounded plate or bowl and add a piece of mutton to the water so as to avoid burning your fingers. You can then check if the mutton is cooked.
- Add the Thick Coconut Milk now and mix well.
- Garnish the Mutton with Coriander.
- Let it boil once for about half a minute.
- Mutton is ready. Transfer to the serving bowl.
- Enjoy with Chapati or Rice
For Detailed Video Recipe, click on the following link –