“Teel” or Sesame seeds are used for preparing Ladoos during the winters during the Sankranti month. During this period, for the celebration of “Maghi Ganeshotsav” – Ganesh Jayanti, we prepare special Panch-Khadya(5 ingredients) Modaks using Sesame seeds and dry fruits; as an offering to Lord Ganesh.
- Shredded Jaggery- 2 bowls
- Roasted Sesame seeds(Til) – 2 bowls
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Almonds powder – 1 bowl
- Dry shredded Coconut – 1 bowl
- Peanut crush – 1 bowl
- Cashews powder – 1 bowl
- Pure Ghee – 1 tsp
- Take the roasted sesame seeds and dice them into a fine powder in mixer.
- Heat the cooking pan.
- Add the shredded coconut to the pan and roast for about a minute or two till it changes colour.
- Move the Coconut to a mixing bowl
- Add Sesame seeds powder.
- Add Almond powder.
- Add Peanut powder.
- Add Cashew powder.
- Add Cardamom powder.
- Mix well.
- Heat the Cooking pan.
- Add pure ghee – 1 tsp
- Add the Jaggery and let it melt.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add the mixture to the Jaggery. Ensure that entire mixture is not added and add slowly as per consistency required.
- Mix well.
- Move it out of the pan once it achieves a soft -dough like consistency.
- Take the modak mould.
- Open it and add apply some ghee.
- Close the mould and add the mixture to the mould, pushing it inside.
- Apply ghee to your fingers to avoid burning.
- Open the mould and remove the modak.
- Prepare all the modaks and move to the serving plate.
For detailed recipe video, click on the below link –